Transportation Planning at the neighborhood level (H Street NE Transportation Meeting)
Bill Schultheiss is a transportation planning consultant, as well as an Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner in ANC6A. He is working with the ANC's Transportation Committee to forge a neighborhood-based transportation plan.
From an email:
Hi all, I know a few of you are interested in this subject. Let's meet sometime within the next two weeks to start developing a plan of action for H Street Transportation. Those interested, please email me.
Let's try to meet at a coffee shop or someone's house to come up with a strategy for improving Transportation on H Street. We can forward recommendations we develop to the Transportation Subcommittee, which can than send them to the ANC and the appropriate agencies for action. I envision each of the volunteers taking on specific elements of the work.
Preliminary issues are:
• Residential Parking along H - hours, enforcement
• Business parking - meters in residential neighborhoods, valet parking, shared use of existing parking lots, shuttle buses to parking
• Transit - Bus stops, schedules, shuttle between Union Station and Hechinger Mall,
• Temporary Bus for Street Car
• New development - Transportation Demand Management Strategies, parking, etc
• H Street Streetscape Construction
• Sidewalk conditions on adjacent streets
• Alleys behind H - condition and use
• Traffic calming on adjacent streets
• One Way Street Operation vs. two way on select streets (i.e. 12th at H)
Lots of stuff and I am sure we will think of more. I am excited to work on this with you all.
To speed this up: I propose the following times to meet - let me know which work for you.
- Tuesday - March 6th, 7 p.m.
- Saturday - March 10th, 3 p.m.
- Sunday - March 11th, 3 p.m.
- Tuesday - March 12th, 7 p.m.
- Thursday - March 14th, 7 p.m.