Monday, May 21, 2007

World Subways, Presented By Scale

Check it out... it's very cool and lets you get a better feel for city size.

Subway systems of the world, presented on the same scale.

(And on a total aside, sometimes I come across content in the strangest way.

I work at a bookstore. I use LibraryThing, both professionally and personally. So I read their development blog. Well, LibraryThingforLibraries is finally in a library. So I go over to the personal blog of the person who instituted it in the 1st library. And I came across the above gem.)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Richard Layman said...

This is very interesting. Steve Belmont is derisive of the DC WMATA system because of its reach, and focus towards suburbanites.

These maps illustrate his point.... however, he doesn't really appreciate that at the core of the city -- from Van Ness down to Brookland on the north, to Foggy Bottom on the west and Stadium-Armory on the east, the system is monocentric, with 29 stations, and a station density of almost 2.0/sq. mile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home